Wp Series WPA WPS WPO Steel Cast Iron Housing Flange input vertical / horizontal Reduction Worm Gear Industrial Speed Transmission Shaft Worm Reducers Gearbox
WP series worm gearbox is developed on the basis of the WD series worm gearbox. The housing is made of rigid cast iron with high strength, which can be suitable for harsh environments. It has various housing designs, the input forms include CHINAMFG shaft input, hollow hole input, and flange input, and the output forms include CHINAMFG shaft output and hollow hole output, so the WP series worm gearbox owns a variety of installation forms for option. It can be directly connected to the motor conveniently and be used with various mechanical equipment.
WP series worm gearbox product specifications 40-250; transmission ratio 10-60 single stage, 200-900 double stage; input power 0.12-33.2kW; output torque 6-6050N.m: a total of 60 series of more than 20,000 different specifications, transmission ratio, connection and installation methods can be selected to meet various user needs.
|WP series Single-stage Speed Reducer-Iron Worm Gear Box
|Ever-power or OEM
|Blue/Green or on request
|0.12-33kw(Under the case of input speed 1500rpm)
|C&U, NSK, CHINAMFG or specified
|CTY, CFW, CHINAMFG or specified
It adopts American technology with durability, stable transmission,
large carrying capacity, low noise, compact structure,
large transmission ratio and wide power.
|Textile printing and dyeing, rubber and plastic machinery, building materials machinery, environment protection machinery, lifting machinery, food packaging, metallurgical machinery, petrochemical industry, stage machinery and new energy field.
1. Different variants, both input and output shafts can be mounted horizontally or vertically
2. Compact structure
3. Direct drive or indirect drive available
4. Output could be CHINAMFG shaft or hollow hole
Models & Variants:
WPA Series – Lower Input Shaft
WPS Series – Upper Input Shaft
WPDA Series – Lower Input Flange
WPDS Series – Upper Input Flange
WPO Series – Vertical Upward Output Shaft
WPX Series – Vertical Downward Output Shaft
WPDO Series – Vertical Upward Output Shaft, Input Flange
WPDX Series – Vertical Downward Output Shaft, Input Flange
Single Speed Worm Gearbox
Double Speed Worm Gearbox
Universal Speed Worm Gearbox
Packaging & Shipping
Packaging: To ensure the integrity of product appearance, we will choose cartons, wooden pallets, and wooden pallets according to customer needs.
Delivery time: Each reducer is manufactured and tested by strict and fixed procedures to ensure that the quality is correct before leaving the factory and delivery on time.
Transportation mode: We will choose the most suitable mode of transportation for our customers according to the weight and size of the goods. We can also choose the mode of transportation according to the needs of our customers.
Receiving and after-sales service: After receiving the goods, please check whether they are in good condition. We will provide customers with perfect after-sales service.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Distribution Power, Clutch, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction, Speed Increase
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
Energy Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox: What to Expect
The energy efficiency of a worm gearbox is an important factor to consider when evaluating its performance. Here’s what you can expect in terms of energy efficiency:
- Typical Efficiency Range: Worm gearboxes are known for their compact size and high gear reduction capabilities, but they can exhibit lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. The efficiency of a worm gearbox typically falls in the range of 50% to 90%, depending on various factors such as design, manufacturing quality, lubrication, and load conditions.
- Inherent Losses: Worm gearboxes inherently involve sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel. This sliding contact generates friction, leading to energy losses in the form of heat. The sliding action also contributes to lower efficiency when compared to gearboxes with rolling contact.
- Helical-Worm Design: Some manufacturers offer helical-worm gearbox designs that combine elements of helical and worm gearing. These designs aim to improve efficiency by incorporating helical gears in the reduction stage, which can lead to higher efficiency compared to traditional worm gearboxes.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication plays a significant role in minimizing friction and improving energy efficiency. Using high-quality lubricants and ensuring the gearbox is adequately lubricated can help reduce losses due to friction.
- Application Considerations: While worm gearboxes might have lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes, they still offer advantages in terms of compactness, high torque transmission, and simplicity. Therefore, the decision to use a worm gearbox should consider the specific requirements of the application, including the trade-off between energy efficiency and other performance factors.
When selecting a worm gearbox, it’s essential to consider the trade-offs between energy efficiency, torque transmission, gearbox size, and the specific needs of the application. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and selecting a well-designed gearbox can contribute to achieving the best possible energy efficiency within the limitations of worm gearbox technology.
Advantages of Using a Worm Reducer in Mechanical Systems
Worm reducers offer several advantages that make them suitable for various mechanical systems:
- High Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gearboxes provide significant speed reduction, making them ideal for applications that require a high gear reduction ratio without the need for multiple gears.
- Compact Design: Worm reducers have a compact and space-saving design, allowing them to be used in applications with limited space.
- Self-Locking: Worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which means that the worm screw can prevent the worm wheel from reversing its motion. This is beneficial for applications where the gearbox needs to hold a load in place without external braking mechanisms.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: Worm gearboxes operate with a sliding motion between the teeth, resulting in smoother and quieter operation compared to some other types of gearboxes.
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes can transmit high torque levels, making them suitable for applications that require powerful torque output.
- Heat Dissipation: The sliding action between the worm screw and the worm wheel contributes to heat dissipation, which can be advantageous in applications that generate heat during operation.
- Stable Performance: Worm reducers offer stable and reliable performance, making them suitable for continuous operation in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Despite these advantages, it’s important to note that worm gearboxes also have limitations, such as lower efficiency compared to other gear types due to the sliding motion and potential for higher heat generation. Therefore, selecting the appropriate type of gearbox depends on the specific requirements and constraints of the application.
editor by CX 2023-09-21